KEY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Clerical Officers may be based at any Council location and will be responsible for carrying out a full range of clerical, secretarial, administrative and customer service duties. The post holder will assume other delegated duties relevant to the post reasonably assigned by the Administrative Assistant including participation in the interchange of duties / location to cover annual leave /
1. Provision of general word processing, typing, administrative and secretarial services.
Administration of computer systems such as databases, spreadsheets, local software packages.
Assisting with the provision of an efficient customer service and dealing with written and verbal enquiries from the public as required in accordance with Council Customer Care standards.
Assisting with the development, implementation and maintenance of office systems and procedures. Maintenance and reconciliation of office stock levels e.g. stationery, sundries.
Processing financial items and transactions in accordance with Council procedures.
6. Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures including all Health & Safety protocols and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
7. Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
8. Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
9. Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
For immediate interview contact Debbie 02895219313