KEY PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a member of the Operational Services Team the post holder will be required to:
Provide an effective and efficient refuse collection & street cleansing and amenity collection service throughout the assigned catchment area.
If required to undertake the role and associated key duties of the post of driver, the post holder will also be responsible for the vehicle and its passengers in compliance with all Council policies, statutory regulations and Health and Safety requirements.
The post holder will assume other delegated duties appropriate to the post reasonably assigned by management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Carry out a full range of duties within the general cleansing service to include litter picking, manual sweeping and collection, removal and disposal of litter/dirt/leaves etc. from public places such as roads, pavements and open spaces.
Carry out a full range of duties within the general refuse collection service to include collection / removal of household and commercial waste, bulky amenity collections, removal of illegal / indiscriminate dumping waste and collection / disposal of dead and fallen animals. Ensure all duties/day’s tasks are carried out according to schedules and at appropriate times.
3. Assist with completing all necessary paperwork in the correct format and on the correct forms. Notify Cleansing Supervisor of any changes to work load and reasons for same.
Comply with all Council policies and statutory regulations including all requirements under Health, Safety and Welfare at work legislation and all current road traffic regulations (this will include use of personal protection equipment, clothing and company mobile phones).
Provide a high level of Customer care at all times and provide customers with relevant information as required.
6. Undertake any training identified as necessary to meet the requirements of the post including first aid training if required. Job holders are reasonably expected to attend briefings/meetings relevant to their role and work practices as an inherent part of their core responsibility.
Carry out a range of driving duties appropriate to the license held, to include refuse collection vehicles, street cleansing vehicles and general commercial vehicles as required. Required to carry out general duties within the general cleansing service and refuse collection service to meet the service needs as required plus any other related duties as directed by the Cleansing Supervisor.
When undertaking driving duties be responsible for vehicles and passengers in accordance with the Council’s Driver’s Handbook and be responsible for completion of all relevant checks and paperwork. Responsible for the supervision of up to five cleansing operatives on a daily basis to ensure the completion of daily tasks/works as directed.
9. Be the first point of contact for the crew, liaising with supervisors and relaying instructions to other members of the crew, as directed.
t is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
1.1:- 2 years’ relevant experience to include;
· Experience of on road driving a large vehicle e.g.3.5 – 26 tonnes.
· Experience of keeping official records
· Experience in Waste Collection/ Street Cleansing or a relevant related field.
1.2:- 1 years team leader experience in a similar role