REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
HOURS OF WORK: 7:00am – 4:45pm
Monday – Friday
(39 hours working 4 days)
plus overtime / Saturdays as required.
To undertake general and production operative duties within the Carryduff Plant.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The manufacture of concrete products is highly mechanised, so your work as a General Operative is likely to include:
1. Operating the machinery in a safe working manner in conjunction with pre-defined permit to work systems/Risk Assessments and Method statements
2. Checking products for quality on the production line and removing defective items
3. Maintaining up keeping machinery by conducting regular pre- production checks
4. Reporting machinery faults to Works Supervisor and maintenance staff
5. Setting up the production line and making periodic changes needed to manufacture different products.
6. Making minor adjustments to machine settings to improve quality and efficiency
7. Operation of Mobile plant as required in a safe manner
8. Providing production support, again as required, to other factories/ departments
9. Keeping the machines and work area clean and tidy during the shift
10. Adhering to Company Health and Safety polices at all times, wearing the correct company PPE while working in the plant and yard.
11. Any other duties assigned by supervisors/managers commensurate with the role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50-£11.20 per hour
8 hour shift
Work Location: One location