BSNI is working with the Belfast City Council to recruit Mobile Facilities Casual Attendants for all parks
This is a temporary opportunity
Salary: £11.39 with o/t enhancement
Main purpose of job.
To be responsible to the appropriate officer, to ensure that all sites and associated facilities are maintained and kept to required standards for public use and to appropriately supervise access to these facilities.
To be responsible to the appropriate officer for administering bookings of facilities and for providing information and advice to customers.
To be able to work flexibly across all sites to ensure the necessary high standards of service delivery are achieved.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
1. To provide a high standard of customer service to all customers.
2. To ensure that all areas in and around the site and associated facilities are kept in a clean and hygienic condition (including litter collections).
3. To act as keyholder, responsible for opening and closing and controlling access to all parts of the building and associated facilities.
4. To monitor and check bookings and ensure that user access to facilities, e.g. 3G pitches, are in line with bookings taken and to take appropriate remedial action as required.
5. To assist with events as and when required.
6. To carry out the necessary checks to ensure that all users comply with booking regulations as laid down by Belfast City Council.
7. To patrol designated centre car parks in an effort to prevent vandalism to or theft from the vehicles.
8. To maintain records and complete associated paperwork as required by laid down policies and procedures.
9. To receive, record and secure cash in line with the cash handling procedures and issue tickets and equipment as required.
10. To ensure good relations with all user groups including members of the public and respond to requests, provide guidance and deal with any complaints in relation to the site.
11. To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle (within the post holder’s driving licence category) and adhere to driver daily checks and accident/ incident/ vehicle defect procedures, including the completion of all required documentation.
12. To take all reasonable steps to ensure that sites and associated facilities are properly cared for and that the risk of damage or theft is minimised, reporting any faults or necessary repairs directly to the relevant supervisor (along with information required for the preparation of statements and reports of evidence).
13. To oversee the general safety and behaviour of the public and direct the activities of users to prevent misuse, damage to facilities and equipment and comply with all Health and Safety at Work legislation.
14. To assist as and when required, in the inspection of playgrounds, play equipment, sports surfaces and parks furniture and to undertake minor repairs.
15. To undertake general and specific cleaning duties, individually or as part of a team, throughout all parts of the complex both internally and externally.
16. To use all cleaning equipment and chemicals in accordance with guidelines and health and safety regulations.
17. To be responsible for security/ fire alarms and to make all health and safety checks in accordance with the set down procedures.
(a) possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, or, have access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full
(b) examples, relevant experience of each of the following three areas:
(i) the operation of facilities, including health and safety procedures, cleaning and maintenance and associated administrative duties;
(ii) dealing with members of the public, in person; and
(iii) cash handling on behalf of others.
 Please be advised that this alternative is a ‘reasonable adjustment’ specifically for applicants with disabilities who, as a result of their disability, are unable to hold a full, current driving licence. However please also be advised that, given the business need for the post holder to drive council-owned vehicles, as and when required, in order to fulfil the duties of the post then the ‘reasonableness’ of this adjustment will be thoroughly considered prior to any appointment being made.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment business
For further information please contact Debbie on 02895219313