BSNI is working with Belfast City Council, currently recruiting a cleaner for the city centre office.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
1. To undertake general daily cleaning of offices, corridors etc., property to which assigned, this to include washing and polishing of fixtures and fittings, sweeping and polishing of floors and stairs, vacuuming of carpets, using where appropriate the necessary powered equipment.
2. To undertake daily cleaning of male and female toilets.
3. To undertake attendance at council functions as may be required, including cloakroom duties, kitchen duties etc.
4. To comply with all Health and Safety at Work regulations.
5. To carry out the duties of the post in such a way as to protect and enhance the profile of Belfast City Council.
6. To carry out any other relevant duties as may be allocated.
Applicants must, as at the closing date for receipt of applications forms, be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, experience of each of the following:
a) carrying out cleaning duties which must include experience of using cleaning equipment; and
b) making sure that all cleaning equipment and chemicals are safely used and stored in accordance with health and safety regulations.
As part of the selection process, eligible applicants will be required to undertake and pass a knowledge based test specific to this post.
Special skills and attributes
Applicants must demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they possess the following special skills and attributes:
Customer care skills: Good inter-personal skills with an awareness of the importance of customer care.
Health and Safety awareness: An understanding of the health and safety responsibilities attached to the post to ensure the safety of council employees and members of the public.
Team and lone working skills: The ability to work well both individually and as part of a busy team; and a conscientious and hardworking approach to work.
Technical knowledge: An understanding of how to use cleaning equipment and chemicals appropriately.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment business