BSNI is working with Belfast City Council to recruit an ad hoc casual tours receptionist.
Main purpose of job
To be responsible to the Team Leader for:
– the provision of an effective front-of-house operation for the council’s Tours and Exhibitions Reception throughout the hours of operation, including evenings and weekends;
– providing a reception and visitor service for all users, including Members, staff, customers, contractors, tourists and the general public to the City Hall Exhibition area;
– operating the retail area and all systems and services in relation to bookings, ticketing, refunds, deposits, issue/return of headsets, merchandising etc;
– assisting in the wider work of the Civic HQ Unit;
– ensuring a high quality image of the council is always maintained by providing the highest levels of professionalism and customer care in dealing with visitors.
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties
1. To carry out the relevant duties at the Exhibition reception desk on the basis of the rotas developed by the Unit and to provide the highest levels of professionalism and customer care to tourists, visitors, the public, Members of Council and staff.
2. To provide an initial point of contact for visitor queries, most notably in relation to:
o having responsibility for ‘meeting and greeting’ all visitors;
o acting as a single point of contact for all exhibition and tour enquiries and general visitor enquiries;
o providing general information on the exhibition themes, tours, the City Hall building and other local tourist attractions.
3. To be responsible for the handling and security of cash, cheque, voucher, credit and debit card payments relating to personal sales and transactions, and assisting as required in cashing-up, reconciliation and banking procedures.
4. To be responsible for the issuing, monitoring and control of exhibition headsets and for ensuring that sufficient supplies of headsets are available to meet demand.
5. To keep under review the Exhibition infrastructure and to ensure all of the displays are presentable and that all systems & services are fully functional, and to report any faults promptly to the Team Leaders or management team.
6. To promote retail items for sale such as hiring of multi-lingual headsets, merchandise, souvenir booklets and mobile apps etc with the aim to maximise customer spend in the exhibition area
7. To deal with all reception desk enquiries, including the display, holding and issuing of relevant council information, and as required to issue information on special council events and initiatives.
8. To promote the merchandise areas, including assisting in the display, sale, rotation, replenishment and stock-taking of merchandise.
9. To operate any software and information systems supplied, including the point-of-sale and booking systems.
10. To provide a customer ticket sales and information service in person, email, post, and by telephone using the box office system including the issuing of tickets, reservations, refunds and exchanges and to aid patrons with special requirements.
11. To work in conjunction with tour service to deal with group bookings for the exhibition and tours, including any associated administration or invoicing.
12. Assist in recording all visitors entering and leaving the exhibition and to issue and receive passes using all approved systems provided.
13. To record statistical information and carry out other administrative duties as required.
14. To assist with the wider operations of the Civic HQ Unit as required, including Reception cover, general administration and the provision of a telephone-answering service.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment business
For further information contact Debbie on 02895219313