Bluestones Staffing is working with the Belfast city council and due to continued Growth they have requirement for a full time cleansing operative
Location: Belfast city Council
Salary: £9:81 P/HR
hours: Dayshift various
1. To work according to operational rosters as specified by management.
2. To start and finish at the appropriate depot daily and undertake to required standards in all weather conditions any cleansing, waste collection priority waste or cleansing activity in any relevant location.
3. To use and operate any collection system, equipment and associated materials as required. To ensure the safe use and storage of such equipment and to report any defects to management in a timely manner; for example, bin lifts or tail lifts.
4. To assist with the collation of any required data including the use of any computerised or manual data capture systems and to present any necessary reports as required.
5. To ensure that all operations are carried out with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to members of the public, hence bins etc should be emptied and returned to their proper location undamaged and lids should be replaced. Appropriate mechanical aids should be used where access permits, spillages should be cleared up and gates should be closed.
6. To report back accordingly on completion of the day’s route and to inform management of any missed collections and any collections required from new premises or any unfinished work or problems encountered and to return to any premises or area overlooked on the days route.
7. To safely collect or load or store any segregated waste or street arisings as identified by management, for transport to the designated transfer/disposal site.
8. To obtain and use keys for access to gated entries as appropriate and to report any access problems to the appropriate line manager.
9. To assist the driver in the safe manoeuvring of the vehicle on the round and to assist the mechanical sweepers as required by sweeping litter on footpaths into road channels.
10. To cleanse pole mounted and freestanding litter bins to the required standard.
11. To distribute plastic bags at holiday periods.
12. To cleanse peg gullies and channels in rear entries for water drainage.
13. To assist with snow clearance, gritting of footpaths and sweeping leaves (using leaf blowing or collection equipment).
14. To ensure that work is carried out in an effective manner, ensuring that all spillages, residues, loose and bagged waste are cleaned up and work areas are left in a high standard of cleanliness on completion of operations.
15. To adhere to the principles and all instructions in relation to Health and Safety legislation, especially covering the wearing of appropriate protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other PPE, the safe lifting of heavy objects etc and ensuring the safety of the public and other council staff where appropriate.
16. To use radio and other telecommunication facilities as required.
17. To take part in all required service, departmental and corporate training activities as required.
18. To provide on-the-job coaching and training to any employee of Cleansing Services.
19. To carry out the duties of the post in such a manner as to safeguard and enhance the profile of Belfast City Council whilst adhering to the principles of high levels of customer care.
20. To carry out any reasonable requests as may be made from Cleansing Services line management and to undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
Experience in a similar role
For Further information please contact Tina on 02895219313 or email a cv